Coconut Oil - What does it do for you?
#1 Rule - Make sure to choose organic, virgin coconut oil… Never use Refined Coconut Oil
- Great to smooth dry skin - apply directly to your skin ....... Heels - Chapped lips - dry areas - scalp
- Great when used in a conditioner - puts natural oils back into your hair - Helps prevent frizzing in dry hair
- Great make-up remover - all natural
- Effective as a screen, blocking about 20% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays
- Use as a mouthwash - coconut oil can kill some of the harmful bacteria in the mouth, improve dental health and reduce bad breath
- The triglycerides in coconut oil have been shown to increase 24 hour energy expenditure by as much as 5%, potentially leading to significant weight loss over the long term
- The fatty acids and breakdown products in coconut oil can help to prevent infections
- Coconut oil can significantly reduce your appetite
- Coconut oil improves important risk factors like Total, LDL and HDL cholesterol
I found this great hair conditioner treatment online....it is amazing how great your hair feels after the treatment. Give it a try!
1/2 Mashed Avocado
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup fresh Mango cubes
Blend until smooth - then apply to hair from roots to ends. Put on a shower cap and wait 15 minutes. Then shampoo and condition.