Welcome to Barking Wednesday.....Each Wednesday I post a article about dogs!
I found a very interesting list online. These are the top 10 things that dogs eat at home that they should not eat!
Check it out....are any of these at your house - if so make sure they are out of your pets reach.
- Infant Pacifiers ~ particularly attractive if it’s been dipped in something tasty
- Stones ~ Our friends dog loved to play with stones! This is so dangerous since the stones can get logged in a dogs windpipe.
- Bones ~ especially any type of bone that will shatter (chicken bones are a must not have) - King loves to chew on antlers - they must be good for his teeth - the vet told me that King's teeth are excellent for being 11 years old
- Balls ~ make sure your dog only has access to those that are too big to swallow - (this is so important - dogs die playing with the small bouncing balls -the ball will get stuck in their windpipe)
- Corn on the cob cores ~ this is something I had never even thought woudl be a problem
- Rubber objects ~ rubber bands and erasers - balloons are deadly
- Fabric and Clothing ~ When King was a puppy he was drag our clothing around the house. If we left him for a while we would come home and fine a piece of my clothing and my hubby's clothing in the living room and he would be laying on it. He never chewed the clothing but I know dogs that have chewed up some very nice sweaters.
- Plastic bags ~ meat wrappers are really tempting to dogs