I love this pic of Kingers - he looks like he is being very serious and letting me know about something that is important.
That is why I added this pic to this weeks Barking Wednesday post. Today
I want to share a few facts about dogs that can make a huge difference in their quality of life.
Did You Know ..................................
- That dogs really do not like to be hugged. Hugging a dog is a sign of dominance.
- Dogs can learn up to 250 words - emotions are so important to a dog - Kingers might not understand my words but he can for sure understand my tone of voice.
- Dogs know when you are upset - take a few minutes and give them attention this will ease their concern.
- Make sure your dog gets daily exercise - the exercise will change with age. Kingers loves to play catch - but with his age and leg issues - we only throw a ball a few times. But we do make sure to play at least three times a day.
- Do regular body checks on your dog. This is a great way to notice any changes in your dog - if you notice a change call you vet ASAP.
- Dogs like routine - feeding times - play times. Kingers will remind us time to play and heaven forbid if I forget a treat after he has been outside. I get the look of "What no treat"
- LOVE LOVE LOVE your dog - because he LOVES LOVES LOVES YOU!