Incredibly delicious baby food using ingredients you often have on hand.
Organized by age and accompanied by nutritional information.
Helping your baby acquire a taste for wholesome, healthy food is the best way to ensure that they develop eating habits that will promote good health throughout life.
Full-color throughout and packed with practical nutritional information and easy-to-make recipes, this book will show you how to create an array of delicious and interesting dishes that your baby or toddler will simply love.
The chapters are broken down according to age, beginning with 6 to 9 months — when most babies can start eating solid food. From there, it moves on to 9 to 12 months and 12 months +/Toddlers. The techniques are simple and baby tested, and the results are nothing short of mouth-watering.
You’ll be able to prepare your own baby food safely and easily, and complete nutritional information is included for each recipe. There’s also a Chef Jordan Tip and a Nutrition Tip, profiling information that you will find very valuable, both as a parent and as a cook. With the help of this book, you’ll soon be able to create great-tasting meals and help your baby or toddler become a healthy eater who enjoys a wide variety of tantalizing foods.
If you want to make sure your baby has the best food - this is the perfect cookbook for you. Learn how to ensure your baby is getting the best possible diet of healthy good for them food!
Jordan Wagman was nominated as a “Rising Star in North America” by the James Beard Foundation. He is also the co-author of 750 Best Appetizers and 150 Best Dips and Salsas. Jordan resides in the Toronto, ON area.
Jill Hillhouse, BPHE, RNCP, is a holistic nutritionist and a faculty member of the Institute of Holistic Nutrition. She contributes regularly to national health magazines and resides in Toronto, ON.
· Did you know: During a baby’s first year, it usually takes 6 to 10 attempts before most will accept a new flavor and/or texture
· Feeding your baby a variety of nutritious foods during their first year protects them from becoming a picky eater
· It also helps to ensure that they obtain all the nutrients necessary for optimal development and the best possible health
· The best way to provide your child with a balanced diet based on whole foods is by making your own baby food using the freshest, highest-quality ingredients you can find
· Learn what ‘nutrient-dense’ means + discover which foods are naturally nutrient rich
· Are babies more susceptible to potential carcinogens from pesticides
· Discover the Top 20 Offenders: Fruits & Vegetables Containing the Most Pesticide Residue
· Discover the Clean Fifteen: Least Contaminated Fruits & Vegetables
· Is it better for babies to eat organic? Why/why not?
· What does GMO really mean?
· Should I include raw foods in my baby’s diet
· Do I need to worry about low-fat foods in my baby’s diet
· Can my baby eat fish
· Should I feed my baby a gluten-free diet? What about a vegetarian diet
· When should I introduce solid foods to my baby’s diet
· How do I expand my baby’s tastes and range of foods
· What equipment do I need to create my own homemade baby food