I use Diesels crate as a storage area for his dog food, food bowls, lead and ground lead, bones, toys, and treats. First thing when we arrive at our campsite I take the crate out - empty it and insert the ground lead into the ground. I then attach Diesel to the lead - now I am free to get the campsite ready while Diesel is secure and safe.
List of dog items to take on your next camping trip
- Food and water bowls - I found a really neat collapsible set on Amazon ~ Dexas Collapsible
- Lead - 16' and 8'
- Lead Ground Holder
- Extra water dish for vehicle - I use a Dukes Travel Bowl
- Blanket for crate
- Dog Shampoo
- Dogs medical records & microchip info
- Vet phone number
- All of your dogs medications
- Anxiety medications if needed
- Sporn No-Pull Halter
- Plastic bags for waste
- Install a America Red Cross Pet First Aid App on your phone
- Purchase a Pet First Aid Kit for your Camper or make your own - we added pet friendly items to our People First Aid Kit
When camping with your pet make sure the campground you are planning on staying at is Pet Friendly. KOA campsites are pet friendly and many have a enclosed pet park that allows your pet to run free and play. To us having a area for Diesel to run is very important to us. We are planning on staying at KOA Campgrounds for our Yellowstone trip.
This is a pic of the dog area at the KOA campground in Cody, WY.
Perfect area for Diesel to play and run free while enjoying himself camping.
Happy Pet = Happy Camping