I make my own Fire Starters using:
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
- Dryer Lint
- Scrape Yarn
- Used Scented Wax from my Electric Burners
I keep a plastic bag on my laundry shelf - I place all of my dryer lint in the baggie. I save all used toilet paper rolls and paper egg cartons.
I have two wax scent burners in my home. Once a week I place in new wax. I use the old wax for my fire starters.
- Take a egg carton
- Place dryer lint in each egg slot
- Drizzle warm melted wax over the lint in the egg carton ~ then flip over toilet paper roll and pour more wax into the other end. I pour wax from a burner into each side of the roll.
When the egg carton sections are full - cut the sections apart. You will have one dozen fire starters from one egg carton.
- Toilet paper roll
- Lint from dryer
- Wax from wax scent burner
- Place toilet paper roll on it's end in lid of egg carton
- Fill with lint
- Pour in one burner of wax
- Flip roll over and pour in another burner wax
I then place the Fire Starters in a large sealed plastic bag. They work perfect for starting fires.
Place a few of the Fire Starters in the fire pit - add your wood in a tepee design - with the Fire Starters in the middle of the tepee. As the fire grows - I add a few more starters to ensure the fire is set and ready to go.
Fire Starters work great - the lint burns fast setting the carton and paper roll on fire..the wax keeps everything burning longer.