I started off with buying my Kayak & paddle. I took advantage of Black Friday and I got a very good deal at Dunham's on both.
Then the shopping started!
Here is a list of my purchases to get ready for my Kayaking adventures.
- Life Jacket - turns out I bought 2 - one full vest that is so uncomfortable that I recently bought a NSR Kayaking vest that I love.
- Diesel a Life Vest
- Waist leash for Diesel
- Life Cushion
- Tow Rope with buoy
- Oar hand grips and water splash guards
- Paddle lead to keep paddle to kayak - with whistle
- Waterproof bag
- Waterproof camera - not risking taking pics with my iPhone
- Cart to roll kayak
- Buoy for camera
- Buoy for keys
- Jeep Rack - Hullavator plus tie downs - locks - etc
- Decals for kayak
- Bags to hold items
- Water Proof Jacket and Pants
- Tow rope
- Phone waterproof holder
- Fanny pack
- Open netting bag for wet items
- Foam to cushion kayak sides
- Sunglasses safety rope - so my sunglasses do not sink to bottom of lake
- Small plastic paddle to keep in storage area just in case I loss my paddle
- Kayaking gloves
- Kayaking water clothes - clothing that dries FAST
Crazy amount of items - to be safe. All are very valuable!
A few hints:
* I highly recommend that you go to a paddle shop to purchase your life vest. Your life vest is your single most valuable item. Getting the right fit for you is priceless ~ Not only in comfort but also in safety. Connie at Rutabaga Paddlesports helped us for over a hour to find the perfect life jacket for our needs! I never would of thought a quality life jacket could be so comfortable.
*Go to a paddleshop and ask tons of questions - kayaking info is valuable. My paddle shop of choice is Rutabaga Paddlesports in Madison. They are amazing - their kayaking knowledge is unreal and they offer the best customer service.
I can not forget the guys that installed my Hullavator - excellent service! They took their time to ensure that I knew how to work and keep my kayak safe while traveling.
Here is a goofy pic taken at Rutabaga after they installed my Hullavator!!
*Amazon is a great place to fine odds and ends - reasonable prices.
My Jeep is loaded for my kayaking, camping, and hiking adventure in Arkansas.
If there is anything I forget ~ PLEASE comment below.